We offer trade programs to retailers and wholesalers that help them responsibly manage the smokeless tobacco category. Our retail trade program is built on effective category management principles, including:
merchandising our products in an organized way;
- having our brands in-stock and available;
- having our most popular brands in the preferred positions;
- clearly communicating price and promotional offers; and
- deterring access by underage purchasers.
The program also includes several features to help prevent underage access to tobacco products that are not required by federal law, including:
- training store personnel who sell tobacco products using We Card® or equivalent training;
- displaying We Card or equivalent signage;
- using an age verification tool;
- placing retail signage that tells adults not to buy tobacco products for kids; and
- adhering to the Smokeless Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement.
We also limit the number of USSTC signs at retail.