Aligned with Altria's Mission
, our companies are committed to reducing our businesses’ environmental impact and promoting the sustainability of natural resources.
We continue to make
progress against our environmental long-term goals. To help us achieve these
goals, our companies:
- implement environmentally-sustainable practices where possible;
- conduct business in compliance with applicable environmental laws, regulations, policies and company commitments;
- implement environmentally-sustainable practices where feasible;
- understand environmental risks facing our businesses and find ways to remove or reduce these risks;
- include environmental considerations into our business processes, like product design, logistics and mergers and acquisitions;
- expect our suppliers and partners to comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations, consider environmental impacts in business decision-making and promote conservation of natural resources;
- work with stakeholders to address environmental interests and grow partnerships to promote environmental stewardship;
- report our environmental progress internally to executive leadership and maintain external reporting on air emissions, energy, waste and water; and
- create an Environmental Management Framework to guide continuous improvement.
Supporting Environmental Management Framework Elements & Processes
Our Environmental Management Framework helps our companies drive improvement in their environmental efforts. The framework includes management structure, policies, programs, data management and metrics, and program assessments. This framework applies to all company operations regardless of location. Supporting elements and processes include: